Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inspired By Nature

Jenny is family to me so her home is naturally my home away from home, lucky for me! Whenever I visit, I feel like I'm off at a resort; checking in to comfort, simplicity and peace of mind. Her home has a stamp of a "zen" seal. Not only in the interior excellence, but in the potency that speaks throughout the rooms. This home with its carefully composed elements speaks to all five senses easing out any blues one can carry. Welcome to Resort a'la zen.
Where do you find inspiration?
"I am always in awe of..... and inspired by nature." 
Who is your style icon?
"The architectural and design team for The Aman Resorts."
Describe your style...
My style preference is minimalist, natural, clean-lines, solid colors found in nature, a wide assortment of textures and finishes, natural and candle light, an environment that appeals to all five senses, placement of objects considering the positive/negative visual in space and repetition of like things.  
When building your house, what were the most important things for your new home?
While attending design school in San Francisco, I explored the area of "green architecture" and that became the theme from which all other decisions (when possible) were based as we built our family home.  Another important aspect we considered during the design phase was my husband's height (6' 6") and his day to day tasks as ergonomic for him where ever possible.
Describe your master bathroom...
"My bathroom is one of my most favorite spaces because it always makes me feel happy, calm and fortunate.  Because the house was new and felt new, I sprinkled antique chinese furniture pieces, two of which became his/her bathroom consoles-functional and soulful." 
And the bathroom...perfection...speaking of which, I think this is the first master bath we showed on the blog. This being the only bathroom posted is enough eye candy to carry the blog to its final chapter. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment